Advanced Refrigeration & Air is a family owned and operated company with five locations across Florida that you can trust for all your commercial refrigeration and air conditioning needs. We have set industry standards through our 35 years of serving leading grocery retailers, restaurants and many other commercial businesses in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
Advanced Refrigeration & Air is looking for experienced HVAC Service Technicians that have experience in the residential industry to join our team!
Service Technicians maintain heating/air conditioning systems, identify repair and/or replacement. Provide necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment, and assist other skilled trades as required to ensure customer needs are met efficiently and accurately.
- Install heating/air conditioning equipment and systems for the purposes of providing comfort inside facilities
- Inspect systems and their components (e.g. air conditioning, heating units, etc.) to ensure safety and identify necessary repairs and provide an ongoing program of preventive maintenance
- Diagnose problems and, or failures in heating/air conditioning systems to identify equipment and, or systems repair and replacement needs
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance as needed and, or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC
- Clean air conditioning units (e.g. coils, condensation pans, drain lines, etc.) to ensure units are operating correctly
- Prepare documentation (e.g. paperwork, logs, time and materials, specifications, etc.) providing written support in compliance with regulations and, or conveying information
- Repair various items, systems, and, or components to ensure those items are available and in safe working condition
- Respond to emergency situations during, or after hours for the purposes of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Process service calls, work-orders, maintenance calls, etc. using provided mobile technology and MS Office applications
- Safely operate company vehicle, maintain its appearance inside and out, have it serviced for scheduled maintenance, or repairs, and maintain and update an orderly parts inventory
Requirements while on the job
- Be prompt and dependable with good punctuality
- Maintain a positive attitude toward customers and the job itself
- Maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees
- Coordinate with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently, while providing proper information for parts ordering
- Maintain tools and, or equipment to ensure the safe working order of the equipment
- Perform basic math including calculations using fractions, percentages, and, or ratios
- Satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, which include: indoor air monitoring equipment, standards for design and construction, air condition and heating codes, and hazards and safety precautions
- EPA Universal Certification
- Previous experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC
- Advanced understanding of electricity, wiring, and control circuits (all equipment) to perform maintenance and repairs
- Advanced troubleshooting ability and mechanical skills
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs and climb on rooftops
- Be available to run night time, weekend, and holiday emergency service calls
- Listen and comprehend written and oral instructions
- Good communications skills and good driving record
- Customer service skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers